Personal Information Collection Statement for the Real Name Registration Policy of the Mainland China
This Statement is made by China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited (“We” or “CMHK”) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) (“PDPO”). For the purpose of this Statement, personal data shall carry the meaning as defined in PDPO.
- Personal Data to be collected and purposes: In light of the mobile number real name registration of the Mainland Chinese Government, it is necessary for us to collect your personal data including your name, mobile numbers, contact information, personal photo and the information of your Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents, Hong Kong Identity Card, China Resident Identity Card, Foreign Residents’ passport or other identity documents and other information (“the said personal data”) in order to assist you to comply with the said mobile number real name registration (“the Registration”).
- Transfer and disclosure: To facilitate the purposes set out above and other purposes incidental thereto, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to, share your personal data in the above with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong): (a) China Mobile Communications Corporation which is headquartered in Mainland China, its associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with China Mobile Communications Corporation, or its contractors (if applicable); and (b) Mainland Chinese Government and its authorized agencies.
- Access and correction: You are entitled to access or correct your personal data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your personal data or if you believe that any of your personal data which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to Data Privacy Officer, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited, L20, Tower 1, Kowloon Commerce Centre, No. 51, Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong. We have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request in accordance with the PDPO.
- Disclaimer: The Registration is subject to the final approval of the Mainland Chinese Government, we only offer assistance in the Registration (“the Assistance”). We make no warranties that the Registration will be successful. We assume no liability for the accuracy and timeliness for the transfer of the said personal data. To the largest extent permitted by law, we shall not incur any liability to you in relation to the Assistance and the Registration.
- Others: We reserve the right to amend this Statement from time to time.
For the Registration, please also read our General Personal Information Collection Statement